TRY does not compromise on safety, and has earned an outstanding reputation for its strict enforcement of all safety and security procedures.
TRY staff react swiftly and responsibly to any change in circumstances in the field. If certain programs need to be altered, every effort is made to compensate participants with special “extras” somewhere else in the program.
TRY operates with a total commitment to both participants’ well being and their parents’ piece of mind. TRY follows a policy of active, on-going contact with parents throughout the program that includes a weekly update from the Parent Liaison, web page reports and pictures, direct e-mail correspondence and phone availability both in the US and Israel.
TRY’s standard operating procedures include:
- Strict adherence to the security policies established by Israel’s Ministry of Education, governing all field trips for visiting youth, and in consultation with the Jewish Agency and World Zionist Organization security departments.
- All field trips are accompanied by licensed security personnel.
- All field trips are cleared in advance, and then again prior to each day’s program, with the appropriate authorities.
- Transportation to all programmed activities is handled by chartered buses that keep in constant communication with Ramah personnel through short-wave radio and cellular phones.
- There is no travel over the “Green Line” except in very specific areas determined safe by Israel’s security services.
- All participants are given a complete security briefing immediately upon arrival, and provided with a convenient card listing all relevant telephone numbers they may need.